Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Seen on this morning's walk, more natural beauty

--> IMG_5191

Right after 7 a.m. this morning, I pulled on a long-sleeved T-shirt, some pants, socks and my Crocs, then finished off with a fleece vest which I zipped up to my neck--it's cool today, 50 degrees and a bit of a breeze while I was out. I crossed the street and headed for the parking lot behind Albertina Kerr, a large level space, empty this early which means I can make loops or crisscross it easily. In a parking strip on the paved lot behind Albertina Kerr, I found this blooming peony.

IMG_5192

The different petal edges on each blossom fascinate me.

IMG_5194

I'm glad that I took a photo at a perspective which shows you the back of Albertina Kerr. I took these photos with my iPhone 5 beneath overcast skies.

IMG_5190

An amazing red rhododendron blooms in the southwest corner of the parking lot, right where there's a short sloping driveway out onto NE Flanders.

IMG_5199

These two rhodies provide privacy for the entrances to this duplex on NE Flanders.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Lovely colours in these blooms.

Randy said...

Love that first photo.