Thursday, May 7, 2015

Process to success.

cairn_BeFunky Collage

Collage, the result of these photos that I took yesterday while standing beside the retaining wall alongside the northwest corner of the Albertina Kerr front yard. With bright sunshine making it almost impossible to see what I had shot with the iPhone 5 camera, I stepped into the shade made by the nearby hedge to take a quick look--at less than optimum conditions--then stepped back, taking photo after photo, the first six with the cairn at one location on the bricks, the next seven after I moved it to another.

IMG_4996

Success. The last photo of this process. I got some good exercise and enjoyed the tiny cairn that I created. Yea for me!

FYI - A cairn is a man-made pile (or stack) of stones. The word cairn comes from the Scottish Gaelic: càrn (plural càirn).

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very pretty captures!

Randy said...

I love that little carin.