Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lunch on cleaning-the-old-apartment day. Killer Burger, about 25 blocks from my new place.

DSC_0518
My friend Sarah's burger, as described at Killer Burger's Facebook page: Jose Mendoza - Hand roasted chilis imported from Pueblo, Colorado, Jack cheese. The heat will make your mouth water. So hot and good; it needed a first and a last name.

DSC_0519_2
My lunch, description from the same source: Classic-bacon cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion. The first time I ordered one, I didn't pay much attention to detail, so I ended up swabbing off the house sauce (see below) which is not something I like on my burgers. I did, however, remember to ban the dill pickle. Those fries are, as Mama would have said, "might near perfect." Plus they have fountain Barq's Root Beer!

The rest of the burger basket story as explained at their Facebook page: "All menu burgers come with BACON, Smokey house sauce, grilled onion, and dill pickle.
All our sauces and cheese blends are "home made" and wonderful.
1/3 pound burgers.
BURGER BASKETS come with fries for $7.95"

If you're in Portland and you want to taste the meat in your burger, get yourself right on over to Killer Burger because I know for a fact that you will not be disappointed, period.

Location:
4644 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR, 97213
Mon - Thurs:11:00 am - 9:00 pmFri - Sat:11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Price Range:$ (0-10)

Culinary Team:Mark McCrary, TJ Southard

Parking: Street
Services: Walk-Ins Welcome
Good For Groups
Take Out

Phone:971-544-7521

7 comments:

Pat said...

Well-worth the walk...hope you walked!

Jim Klenke said...

Its not even 8am here and i want one....w/fries doused in tabasco

Randy said...

Now that might make me really want to visit Portland! You photographs are just so great and it really makes the mouth water. Have a wonderful day!

Lois said...

OK now I'm really hungry!

ben wideman said...

It's not even lunch time, but my whole mouth just filled up with saliva.

Jack said...

Instead of eating it, why don't I just apply it directly to the insides of my arteries?!?!

Clytie said...

I'm so glad I'm reading this after dinner!

Since my stroke, I can't eat burgers, sniff, anymore. Sniff, Sniff, nor can I eat fries. Sniff, waaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

But like they say ... just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't read the menu!!