Monday, February 28, 2011

Walk #1, blustery encounter at the corner

DSC_0016_2_p_p
Sunday afternoon I decided to take a walk around my new neighborhood. Prior to this I had only walked to and from either the bus stop or the Zipcar. I had a great time, despite the chilly temperature, the sprinkles of rain, and the gusts of wind.

While I had my camera hanging around my neck, I had to keep tucking it inside my coat, then pulling it out if I saw something that I wanted to photograph.

The people you see here, walking their dogs, came together and passed so quickly that I almost missed getting any photo at all. But for the tugging efforts of the dogs who so desperately wanted to prolong their encounter, I would have had nothing. Thanks, plucky little dogs!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see bits of green on the tree too; and that's encouraging. I like the dogs. I see four of them.

VP said...

You are right: the dogs are the centrifugal force behind this image. Well caught!

Birdman said...

Lots of action on this corner.

Jim Klenke said...

I think the pooches wanted to visit some more. Nice neighborhood.

Kate said...

I wonder about the dog population in Portland. From this photo it appears that it might be pretty large. Good owners, walking their dogs!

Lowell said...

I love this! Just in back of our house is a multi-purpose trail and we watch people walking dogs all the time and sometimes they meet like in your picture and usually it's the little teeny ones that yip and yap up a storm while their owners are trying to pull them along.

You don't drink coffee...how do you get through the day? ;-)

Lois said...

The dogs are nice, but I can't take my eyes off of those fabulous red boots on the left side of the picture!

WendyB said...

Looks like it was yappy hour!

Jack said...

I like this composition, Lynette. We have the two central men leaning away, the dogs leaning back together, with the strong lines of the taut leashes.