Friday, February 18, 2011

Looking in store windows: Stark's Vacuum Cleaner Museum, NE Grand and NE Couch

DSC_0071p
One night in November--for some reason which I cannot remember, good grief, I must have been on my way home from 3 Doors Down Cafe because that's the only place I go after dark, yep, these photos were taken on Nov. 26, a Friday--I was out and about waiting for the 20 bus beside the Stark’s Vacuum Cleaner Museum which is in the Stark's store. Now that I have moved, I ride by this corner every weekday morning on my way to work, so I figured it was time to share these shots with y'all.

DSC_0093p
Vacuna, the Goddess of Leisure, is mentioned at the link in the text beneath the top photo--that's where you can find out about the museum by reading a Roadside America article.

DSC_0092p
A somewhat blurry photo of the logo on the vacuum.

DSC_0074p
Another window on the museum.

DSC_0068
Here's a close up of the Filter Queen which appears to have been turned into a lamp. A table lamp? One has to wonder. Behind it, you can also see more vintage vacs on another level.

DSC_0076p
Love the way the lettering Premier Duplex looks on this one. Way cool.

DSC_0080p
Another fine example, Cinderella. Catch the movement in that tail beneath the letters.

DSC_0084p
And one more. I need to go to the museum and find out what years these three were manufactured. The lettering has made me very curious.

DSC_0086p
Here's more of the Cinderella and the Sturtevant.

DSC_0072p
And here's a Eureka, the Premier Duplex, the Cinderella at the junction of the two windows, and the Sturtivant, all lined up for you.

DSC_0087p
Finally, do you see a vacuum from your past here?

5 comments:

Halcyon said...

Must be an interesting place to visit. I have never heard of a vacuum museum before!! :)

Lois said...

Those are amazing pictures! The ones in that last shot remind me of the old Electrolux we used to have when I was a kid.

Randy said...

Wonderful series of photos.

Steve Scauzillo said...

Lynette, I missed this place when I was in town visiting! Seriously, I think your photos count for a visit. Thanks.

Best Vacuum Cleaners said...

ii love vacuum with hand held function