Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who's having the most fun?

DSC_0633p
I'd say it's a toss up on the fun question although the man does seem to be smiling. However, it's certain that all four appear pleased to be out and about last November 20, walking west on SE Belmont. Well, the dogs are walking; the humans are striding, steppin' out.

The restaurant's wall makes for some nice contrast with the man, his jacket, and his Golden Retriever.

I have not been to Two Brothers Cafe & Grill, although I admit to being curious about what it might be like. I found the reviews at Citysearch and Yelp mostly positive, so one of these days ... maybe on a weekend.

9 comments:

VP said...

A very nice and lively image. My favorite is the golden retriever!

lewi14@gmail.com said...

Great shot! The man with the shorts is laughing. Or is he gritting his teeth because of the low temperatures? Heaven knows.

I'm also interested in the "Two brothers". Do you know this establishment?

Anonymous said...

Some of the best food in the world in on your neighbor's table. As for restaurant food, well it is usually better than what the neighbor's have because the restaurant stays in business because people like their food and are willing to pay good money for it.

I like the photograph because of those same likes. People like hamburgers and others like hot dogs. In this case I wonder what the picture would be like if you switched dogs on their owners? You could use Photoshop to show us the before and after.

Jim Klenke said...

I wonder if they are already a couple, or hes trying to impress her. Balkan milkshakes?

Ken Mac said...

Love this shot: the good folks waking their happy dogs, the Balkan sign, and the old house in the background. A slice of real Americana.

Jack said...

This shot makes me miss my English Springer Spaniel, Toby. He was a good dog for seventeen years. I loved having the excuse to take a walk.

Lowell said...

I think it's always nice when dogs take their owners for a walk! That Golden is gorgeous. Our Golden is now 12, has cancer on the tail, and is not doing well. Sad!

Lois said...

I'll take one of those milkshakes please!

Clytie said...

I like the man with his dog in contrast to the red of the building. I've heard of this place, but have never been there either!