Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Workers working

IMG_0237p
Near the building where I work, off and on for months, crews have made holes in the street for various reasons, then filled in the holes and spread asphalt onto them. After work on Friday as I waited for my bus, my first thought was, "I'm glad they're across the street so my bus stop can be open." My second thought was, "I wish they had finished before the rush hour because working like this on a busy multi-lane street seems dangerous."

IMG_0235
Lastly I thought, "My goodness, their concentration is impressive." Every time the traffic signal changed at the corner, traffic streamed past.

I took these with my iPhone, something I have yet to master. Still and all, I like the sort of artistic image I got with that first photo.

4 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Im not sure how they dont flinch every time a car passes, you can see the speed in the second shot. These are good for a iphone. I want one, lol.

Lois said...

They must just get used to working around all that traffic. That second shot of the car is great!

brian stout said...

i'm always afraid one of them will step out into traffic when i'm driving, so i usually go slow =)

Jack said...

The worst thing for them would be to get too comfortable with traffic. They need to be alert and aware at all times.