Monday, July 13, 2015

Woke up just before 5 a.m. and heard the weatherman say that we'd had or were having measureable rain! For the first time in 39 days, measurable rain at the airport!



Thank you to everyone who commented with encouragement after reading yesterday's post. I appreciate each of you. It's important to me to know that I am not alone in cyberspace, just like I'm not alone right here in Portland.

Untitled

I walked out the front door before sunrise because I wanted to feel the rain. Alas, it had stopped falling. However, the sidewalk and the light in the arch above the sidewalk give evidence that my part of Portland did get some rain! I could hear it dripping from the gutter, too!

How's this for irony? As I stood there taking this photo and thinking about going to the end of the sidewalk so that I could get a look at the street, the apartment's sprinkler system came on. I could hear fast-spraying water hitting the banana leaves! Am I ever glad that I hadn't walked on out there first! I'd be wet right now 'cause I am not moving fast, y'all!

3 comments:

Birdman said...

Can't beat an early morning summer rain shower

William Kendall said...

So much the better. Your area could use more of the rain.

Randy said...

Beautiful shot.