Saturday, July 11, 2015

Breakfast at Wimbledon and an UPDATE

Untitled

I woke up early and decided to get on up. While Breakfast at Wimbledon played on ESPN, I walked into the kitchen and cooked my own breakfast. First, I put five canned Grand Buttermilk biscuits in the oven. While they baked, I cut leftover steamed broccoli, asparagus, and green beans into smaller pieces, put them in a saute pan and turned on the electric eye. Then I cracked two eggs into a bowl and whipped with a fork. Once the veggies had warmed a bit, I poured the eggs over them and turned down the heat. By the time the biscuits were done and buttered, I had a spoonful of Rose City Pepperheads Mango Madness Pepper Jelly on the plate beside which I placed the scramble and a couple of the biscuits.

I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast.

UPDATE: I have a chemotherapy consultation appointment on July 16 and a radiation consultation appointment on July 21. After those two, I'll know what, when, how much and how long. I will then have to work on dealing with the myriad side effects. Between now and then, I will continue to recover from that second surgery inside of two months, the one done by a robot with Dr. Steiner at the controls. I learned last Wednesday that I have six incisions from that one, not five like I had been thinking. So, with the four from the hysterectomy, I now know what it feels like to have six new holes in your abdomen. I've doing well, getting more active daily, trying to eat right in small amounts. Thank you for your continued prayers, love and concern.

4 comments:

Birdman said...

Not a big tennis fan lately, but with a breakfast like this I COULD be swayed. Hahaha Thinking about you on your latest 'journey'. Safe travels.

Lois said...

Thanks for the update Lynette. I have no doubt you will deal with those side effects with your usual powerful spirit and positive attitude. You amaze me with your strength and I only hope I can be like you if I am ever faced with what you are going through.

William Kendall said...

A good breakfast for you!

Randy said...

Yummy looking breakfast.