Friday, June 26, 2015

Home!

These are two of the four windows in the largest room in my apartment. I keep the blinds shut most all of the time, especially when it's hot. Portland's having some unusually hot days right now, so they're shut. I now have a window air conditioner unit in a window to the right of these two--thanks to some fantastic friends!

DSC_0299

I walked out of my apartment on Thursday, June 25, at about 10:40 a.m. I walked back into it about 9:20 p.m. Friday, June 26.

I'm still in a bit of a blur because of the drugs used to relax me prior to the general anesthesia. I know for sure that I have four incisions glued together because I have a sensitivity to adhesive tape. I know that at least one thing was removed during the robot surgery and has been sent to the lab--I don't have any details and am OK with that. Right now I have a post-op appointment on July 8 at which time the pathology report and a plan to deal with the cancer will be discussed. Dr. Steiner told Lamont and Leland that what's going on with me isn't fitting the statistics, so she recommends an aggressive approach, radiation and chemotherapy--I just don't have any details and am OK with that.

Every single person I'm aware that I came in contact with at Kaiser struck me as capable, professional, kind and caring. Lamont stayed with me until we left the hospital--Leland brought me home and is spending tonight with me. I am blessed.

I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to bed real soon. Thanks again for your prayers, love and concern.

3 comments:

Gunn said...

You must tell your doctors and nurses that you have people ALL OVER THE WORLD who follow you and your blog, and we pray, wish you the best treatment and that they have to do their very best!!

It is early morning here in Stavanger / Norway.

Best wishes,
from
Gunn

Linda said...

Best of luck to you! I am glad that you are getting a high level of care.

William Kendall said...

It sounds like you are in very capable hands.