Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Damian Lillard signing at Player Palooza, Feb. 2, 2015



DSC_0054

I took these three photos of Damian Lillard not too long before I ended up riding the elevator with him. He's our point guard who earned Rookie of the Year three years ago and was an NBA All-Star last year and this year.

DSC_0055

The chance to get up close and personal with your favorite Trail Blazer lasted 55 minutes which meant lots of folks missed out--the crowd was that huge. When I saw him across the room, I knew I'd better try to get some photos before Janessa and I would go downstairs to find the buffet.

DSC_0056

For me, this is the best of the three photos--the lighting's great and he's sitting still. Oh, by the way, Damian's game jersey has what looks like the number zero on it; however, he's introduced as wearing the letter O which he will proudly tell you stands for where he's from, Oakland; the city where he attended college, Ogden (Weber State in Utah--he's graduating this summer); and for the state of Oregon because he plays for the Portland Trail Blazers in the state of Oregon. I like to think that every time he hears his introduction at the Moda Center, he remembers all three places and what they've meant and continue to mean in his life.

3 comments:

Birdman said...

Ya, this kid can play some 'roundball'.

William Kendall said...

Excellent portrait shots. He comes across as quite confident.

Randy said...

It's nice when they sign autographs.