Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Bridges: Marquam Bridge over the Willamette River

Sunday Bridges at San Francisco Bay Daily Photo

DSC_0583p_marquam_bridge
June 4, 2008, during the Rose Festival, I took this photo standing on the west side of the Willamette River beneath the Marquam Bridge. The upper deck is I-5 North, the lower deck is I-5 South. The lowest ramp must be for either entering or exiting the bridge from nearby surface streets. Due to its height and the fact that it also curves, I stay away from this bridge when driving, if at all possible. Too scary for me, although I have been south once and north once, talking to myself the entire time about staying on the bridge. You see, I not only have a fear of heights, I have a getting-better-all-the-time fear of bridges.

7 comments:

Jim said...

Interesting shot from that angle.

parker said...

I think what a mass of autos carrying people to who knows where over these bridges! Large structures for sure!

I like my small town!

Kim, USA said...

That is beautiful!

Sunday Bridges

Randy said...

You made concrete look great.

Lesley said...

If this were familiar, I would have no trouble driving it - but in an unfamiliar city, my palms would be sweating!

Melissa said...

Very pretty photo. Love all the lines! The bridges give Portland such a distinctive look. I think this is my family's favorite bridge on our drive up to Seattle. We call it The Hydra.

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» remembers this part of I-5 from when he used to visit Portland on business. He understands your acrophobia!

«Louis» works all weekend, so it is difficult for him to visit those who have contributed to Sunday Bridges on Sunday. So here it is mid-week and he's FINALLY getting around to visiting and thanking all who contributed to the meme.