Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Veterans Day Parade, 11/11/11, No. 5

37th Annual Ross Hollywood Veterans Day Parade

DSC_0007p_veterans_day_parade_tracked_vehicle
Vets on some sort of tracked vehicle. I certainly don't know for sure, but it looks like an Army tank of some sort to me. Does anyone know? I'll bet that little guy in the middle had a great time riding up there. Don't miss the driver. The concentration on his face is impressive.

DSC_0145p_veterans_day_parade_jeep
The sign on this Jeep reads, "25th Infantry Division: Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal, New Georgia, Luzon, Japan, Korea, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Bosnia, Haiti, Afghanistan, Iraq."

DSC_0015p_veterans_day_parade_jeep_USArmy
This Jeep followed the tank. Definitely Army.

DSC_0018p_veterans_day_parade_jeep
Here's the motorcyclist shaking hands with a vet in the Jeep.

DSC_0023_veterans_day_parade_jeep
One more vintage Army vehicle.

DSC_0026p_veterans_day_parade_jeep
Is this a Jeep, too? Next to the tank, it's my favorite of these Army vehicles. Something about it just appeals to me.

DSC_0027p_veterans_day_parade_jeep
I like the flags on this one.

DSC_0027p_veterans_day_parade_truck
Definitely some sort of truck. Troop carrier?

6 comments:

Kate said...

You have lots of military vehicles here...nice job. I've never seen a Veterans' Day parade. Wonder how many communities have them?

parker said...

WOW! You have really did a fine job of capturing pics of the Men&Women of our Armed Forces along with the vehicles that they used.

Just had to comment on the gas prices! 3.15 a gal. here in Yukon,Oklahoma at the 7-11 !

Jack said...

Your parade gets good support from the military and their vehicles. Our biggest parade is Memorial Day, but the soldiers either walk or drive in private vehicles.

Melissa said...

All those old army vehicles are really great! I'm pretty sure my husband will know the name of that tank...I'll let you know what he says... :)

Randy said...

These are amazing. I love the old Jeeps.

Jim Klenke said...

I always wanted a jeep. Can you imagine how hot it would be inside that tank?