Thursday, November 3, 2011

#3, Blastolene Brothers--wildness on wheels--at Cars in the Park, Portland Art Museum, September 3, 2011

I think this just might be the vehicle that I found on the Blastolene Brothers' Web site, listed as Michael's new 1942 Ranger v-12 airplane engine.

DSC_0063p
Needle nose, this photo ought to be in the dictionary by the definition of needle nose. And one has to wonder, just how long does it take to make some sort of adjustment to raise the chassis high enough for the vehicle to the correct clearance for travel on the streets? I am assuming that something like that has to happen before anyone ought to even start the engine.

DSC_0069p
A pair of bucket seats?

DSC_0086p
Looks to me like those buckets are in a wash tub.

DSC_0077p

DSC_0062p
I couldn't figure out why that blue cloth seems attached to the engine. And are those things with the yellow cables a distributors? Anyone? Anyone?

DSC_0079p
The brakes and the back tires. And what's that big silver shape to the left? For some reason I don't totally understand, I think it's the differential. Y'all who know, please tell me I'm right. Or tell me I'm wrong. Please and thank you.

5 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

I have no idea what the parts are, lol. I just want a ride.

Janet said...

No idea, either, but definitely entertaining to look at!

Louis la Vache said...

Yes, those are the distributors - one for each cylinder bank.

«Louis» wonders if this is a Packard V-12. We forget today that Packard had a very active aero and marine engine operation. Packard V-12s powered the PT boats of WWII - four of them per boat. Whatever the make of this V-12, it is not the same one Packard had used in its fabulous luxury cars of the '30s as this appears to be an overhead valve engine whereas the V-12s Packard used in their cars were not OHV engines.

Randy said...

Wow this is some car. Like both yesterdays and today's post.

parker said...

From your previous posts I would have had no idea you would be interested in racing machines. You're a versatile photographer.