Monday, December 8, 2008

Mt. Hood, snowless as of Dec. 4, 2008, but...

...snow is predicted later in the week and/or over the weekend. I imagine local winter sports' lovers are waiting anxiously for the white stuff to come on in and make it right on the mountain.
DSC_0026_mt_hood
I took these two photos from the work parking garage roof, about 60 miles from the mountain. On the bus ride over the Hawthorne Bridge, I saw that "the mountain was out," so I rode the elevator up one flight and then trekked up to the top of the garage, glad that I had my zoom lens in my rolling black bag. Hence, one with the zoom, one with the regular lens.
DSC_0025_mt_hood
How about that cloud formation? I've never seen one like it. Have you?

5 comments:

Katney said...

Mt. Rainier got snow finally today or yesterday. Check out this site with photos and explanations of clouds seen there.

Meead said...

Hey Lynette :) I'm so excited seeing you've posted some photos of Mt. Hood. Did you see my today's photo? It was really a coincidence.

WendyB said...

Very nice clouds. And I'm going to call ya as promised! Eek.

Denton said...

See Jill's photo of Mt. Hood. It is interesting to find photos, of the same subject, by different photo bloggers.

Anonymous said...

Great cloud formation! Looks like the side of a massive spaceship!