Tuesday, May 24, 2016

This view makes me so happy.



P5180005

Monday, May 23, looking northwest from the rooftop garden at work, with these blossoms in the foreground and the Portland Oregon neon sign, topped with the stag, in focus in the background, plus the words Union Station visible on the tower at the station, to the left of the Portland sign--see it there, between the out-of-focus blossoms? Ah, bliss in this small portion of the panorama that is Portland's skyline. The Fremont Bridge in the background is the icing on the cake!

It's special to me, so special that I am able to go to the rooftop garden at my breaks or at my lunch or at all three and take in the beauty, no matter the weather. And this camera, my Olympus OM E-M5II with the zoom lens, these make me so happy that I am finally feeling like learning about the two of them and how to take decent photos. Thanks to each of you for all of the prayers, love, and concern that you showered on me over the period of treatment for the cancer that is now in my past. I am better through your help, my caregivers, and the grace of God.

P5170090

Here's another shot of the same view, taken on May 17. Fewer buds had opened on that day, six days prior to the top photo.

P5230013

Here's a closer view, alas, a bit crooked, of the two signs--Portland, Oregon, and Union Station. I don't find it as interesting without those blossoms in the front, but I wanted you to be able to see the signs better so that if you've had any difficult in finding them in the other two photos, this view should help you.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

What beautiful views up there!

Bill said...

That view is spectacular! I use to drive over the Fremont Bridge everyday on the way to work years ago.

Melissa said...

This is your view from work? WOW! I think these rooftop gardens are such a good use of space!

Unknown said...

These look good but seem a little under exposed. Maybe check the exposure compensation?