Sunday, December 23, 2007

An interior shot at Decades Vintage Company

decades_interior_shot
Do I ever wish that my head was small enough for that white hat! Doesn't it look warm? It's true, though, that I have a big head. I don't think I'm all that and a bag of chips--my skull just grew that way--I promise.

One thing about this photo fills me with nostalgia. I can remember when my family's Christmas tree looked like this one, back when aluminum Christmas trees were the latest thing. We even had blue ornaments. Mama always plugged in the rotating light wheel, after pointing it at the tree, just so. It was fun to look at the tree and see the colors change from red to green to blue to yellow.

If you're interested, you can check out my earlier post about Decades Vintage Company in downtown Portland by clicking here.

10 comments:

Ming the Merciless said...

I have a HUGE head too. I have a hard time finding glass frames that can stretch across my face.

Kate said...

The tree brings a smile to my face. Our family always had green fir trees, but these aluminum trees certainly were the rage!! Happy holidays to you, and many thanks for your many visits this year. Cheers for 2008!

ft. lauderdale daily photo said...

I love shops like these. Great hats and an even better Christmas tree.

Merry Christmas to you and Mama!

Pat said...

Oh, how I remember those trees and the blue decorations as well!!!

AND... I have a large head as well. It's so difficult getting a hat that fits.

Merry Christmas to you!

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photo A Day or Whenever!, Photography Cafe

Andrea said...

Cute picture.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas also. We celebrate the birth of Christ.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Lynette,
Great Christmas atmosphere photo, Yes nostalgia nostalgia... Hmmm I know what you mean.

Thanks for visiting my blog( about my dad, he died) But today I posted a more Christmas-like post with a tree and some alternative Christmas decorations...

Merry Christmas to you and our family!

Ioanna said...

I like hats very much! This white one is my favorite! I'd like to wear it! Have happy holidays full of love and friendship!

Annie said...

That's my kind of shop. Not for the Christmas tree (though it back in style for many retro types) but for the hats. I love hats, just as you must.

Happy holidays, Lynette, to you and your mom and your sons too.

WendyB said...

What a cute tree! Separately, I'm so sad that I am not going to see Flat Stanley with latex.

Neva said...

Hey girlfriend...you must've been at MY house for Christmas because we had the same tree! used to try and run down and back in the hallway before the next color came on!!! A few bloody noses later and we had to stop that!
Thanks for all your visits and have a Merry Christmas!