Saturday, May 17, 2014

I hope to see three friends walking along the street two blocks west of my building in tomorrow's Rose Festival event.

DSC_0248

In honor of tomorrow's big Rose Festival event, the Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon, I give you the neon rose atop the Portland Rose Festival headquarters building at Tom McCall Waterfront Park, downtown Portland. That's the ticket booth for the Portland Spirit, a sightseeing cruise ship on the Willamette River. I took this photo last year on June 20, at 6:19 p.m. Overcast skies, blustery wind, a sprinkle now and then. Sort of like the forecast for tomorrow's race. I have a friend from work, Sharon, and her two daughters Jenna and Amy who are walking the race. Better women than I am. Jenna's supposed to text me so that I can walk on down to the corner and holler for them as they go by!

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

As a sign goes, it's quite colourful. I hope the race goes well.

Randy said...

Excellent neon!