Thursday, September 19, 2013

Public Art on the TriMet MAX Green Line: Running Horses, Tom Hardy, 1986, Bronze SW 6th and Madison

Click here for a trip to City Daily Photo, transporting you around the world every day.

running_horses_1_PM

I took these four photos on October 5, 2009, because this sculpture fascinated me. I found online that the Running Horses sculpture originally stood on the SW 6th Avenue side of Pioneer Courthouse Square, near the gate from the former Portland Hotel. I found one photo of the sculpture, taken in 2005, when it was still there. I like where it is now much better.
  running_horses_3_PM

After I crossed the street, I took this photo as I walked north on the west side of SW 6th.
  running_horses_2_PM

Then I stopped and took this one before continuing northward to catch my homebound bus.
  running_horses_4_PM

A bonus sculpture, Hilda Morris's Ring of Time, the onion ring-shaped artwork across SW 6th Avenue at the Standard Building.

5 comments:

LOLfromPasa said...

I love this kind of sculpture. Makes me want to visit Portland :).

VP said...

A flying sculpture, creative and inspired...

LONDONLULU said...

I would love to see this sweet sculpture on my way home - I love the energy and movement!

Jack said...

Nice energy in these three flying horses.

Randy said...

The love horses. Nice sculpture.