Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mother's Day Mini-Vacation, No.10 - Let me show you our home away from home, The Writer's Retreat, inside and out

Click here for a trip to City Daily Photo, transporting you around the world every day.

The Writer's Retreat, from Bend Dutch Vacation Rentals

DSC_0092

Main room, front door there at the right. Leland slept on the couch, Lamont slept on his sleeping bag and pad on the floor to the right of where I stood to take this photo.
  DSC_0093

Looking into the kitchenette. We didn't cook anything, we could've cooked, but why do that when everyone's tired upon arrival and interested in eating something quickly, then coming home to enjoy being together? We only used the sink to wash our hands and the frig to cool various drinks of a relaxing nature. BTW, the frig in beneath the countertop to the left of the sink. Oh, and on Sunday morning I used the sink to moisten a few paper towels which I used to clean dust from my Keens, only to discover that a seam from the shoe-lace-eyelet-placket down towards my little toe, all the way to the sole of the shoe, had come completely undone. Split open. Both shoes. Same place. On Sunday when I walked and happened to look down, each disintegrated seam opened and shut like a fish gasping for air.
  DSC_0094

The bedroom. I slept in here. The first night I faced the bed and climbed up onto it. The second night, I sat down on the edge and shimmied my way up onto it. To tell you the truth, I would have been extremely pleased to have had a shorter bed, but I did manage this one better than I thought I could. And I slept well, after I got used to snoring sons out in the main room. The wall between the two rooms didn't go all the way to the ceiling, so I decided why should I shut the door. I bet I snored, too, but neither Lamont nor Leland mentioned it. I raised 'em right, y'all!
  947209_10151596743569429_1332907513_n

We had a spacious bathroom with a shower/tub combo. I took this photo of Engine, the Zipcar, a Ford Escape from the window.
  DSC_0106

Some of the books on one of the bookshelves. We finally think we figured out that the woman who owns The Writer's Retreat is one of the authors of these "Weight Training for Dummies" books. There was a framed newspaper article on the wall next to the desk (the area I forgot to photograph) which mentioned her name and explained how the loft came to be decorated. I found the same name in the visitor's comments' book on the desk and then on these books. All three of us found these two shelves of books intriguing, to say the least. Why do you think that was so? Please let me know in the comments. Thank you!
  DSC_0558

Shelf #1
  DSC_0559

Shelf #2

And here are three of the four prints hanging beside the dining bar. I'm too short to take a photo of the one on the top. Besides, I enjoyed the humor in these three the most.
  DSC_0561

Print #1
  DSC_0562

Print #2
  DSC_0566

Print #3
  DSC_0591

Our last view of the loft from where we parked, as Leland backed Engine out and we headed off on our Sunday adventures.
  DSC_0593

And your last view of the loft and its house, from the street.

2 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

What a charming space. Sounds like you had a good time.

Randy said...

What a nice place.