Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hollywood Theatre, No. 1

IMG_0818

Hollywood Theatre marquee the evening of September 6, 2012. In honor of probably my last time to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" in a theater. To tell you the truth, it was the third time I saw that fantabulous movie in a theater.

As I left the upstairs theater that night--the movie's last at the Hollywood--I wondered whether or not anyone had already begged to take home its poster hanging in the display window beside the front door. So, I quickly made my way down the curving, banked ramp and the few steps at the bottom, spied the poster still in the window, made a B-line for the cash register, and asked the guy there, "Whom should I beg for 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' poster in the window out front?"

He looked at me, looked out the front door, and replied, "See that man in the plaid shirt? He's the one." Within mere moments, that nice young man had listened to me beg, pulled the key from behind the register, unlocked the window, removed the poster, rolled it up, put a rubber band around it, handed it to me, and said, "I like knowing this is going to someone who really loves it!"

Not too many days later, my sons hung in on my closet door so that I can see it any ol' time I want. Hey, Lamont and Leland, I'll take a DVD of "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" for my birthday!

2 comments:

Randy said...

I love that movie and I just bought it too. I hope you get a copy. Great looking theater.

Jack said...

That was a very good movie. Good initiative for you to get the poster.