Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hollywood Theatre, No. 2

hollywood_man_cropped

Check yesterday's post for the first part of the story of how I became the proud owner of the movie poster for my favorite movie of 2012--The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

Here's the man in the plaid shirt, with the window open, about to unpin the poster and take it back inside the lobby so that he can roll it up and then put a rubber band around it and hand it to me. I say, "Thank you, sir!"

I like the side story here--the lady gazing at the big, varying shades of red, plastic letters for the right ones to finish readying them to be placed up on the movie marquee. Can't you just see her brain running through the remaining letters and movie titles?

4 comments:

Andy said...

Hang onto that poster. I know collectors will big bucks for even reprinted posters and even more for the original.

Virginia said...

i LOVED that movie and love old movie theaters too. They don't make them like that anymore.
V

Randy said...

That was nice of him to give that to you. I would have asked for that big R.

Birdman said...

I heard great things about your movie. Will see it soon.