Sunday, October 21, 2012

I learned several things yesterday ...

IMG_0865

... at my drum lesson with Greg Odell, founder of The Last Regiment of Syncopated Drummers.

Here we go, in no particular order. My left wrist doesn't move like my right one--I'm right-handed. Greg Odell is a fantastic teacher. If I practice, I just might be able to do this! I definitely weigh more that I should. I learned the Comparative Table of the Relative Value of Notes. (Well, I have a hand-out to make sure that I remember them.) I drummed something very fun known as a Single Paradiddle. I had no idea how much counting went on with drumming. Every cent I pledged to the LRSD's Kickstarter Campaign was well spent. I had a blast and am so happy that my brother Howard was here from Mississippi visiting and got to accompany me to my lesson,  along with my two sons Lamont and Leland. Yippee!

2 comments:

Lois said...

How fun!

Randy said...

I tried that in high school. Needless to say it only lasted a semester.