Tuesday, September 15, 2009

VW bus in downtown Portland (and a matching dahlia, Maniac)

Please scroll down to see today's dahlia, Maniac, from Swan Island Dahlias.

I'm over the bridge, across the river, at lunch time on July 23, 2008, when from my park bench I notice an orange VW bus, making the block. I put my sandwich down in its plastic bag and take out my camera. I feel pretty good about my chances of getting a shot. I'm ready. There it is.
DSC_0048_vw_bus_1

Yep, starting to turn left to go around the block again, I'm thinking.
DSC_0049_vw_bus_2

Careful driving going on here.
DSC_0050_vw_bus_3

Going, going, heading for gone.
DSC_0047_vw_bus_4

Today's dahlia, Maniac. Facts from Swan Island Dahlias--Bloom: 12" Soft Orange Splashed Red, Bush: 4'
DSC_0095_maniac

5 comments:

Don and Krise said...

I'm seeing more and more old VW buses around. Everything goes full circle doesn't it? Nice capture Lynette.

Floral Friday said...

So at lunch my wonderful hubby was bragging about these pee-a-boo shots of a orange vw bus. Very nice Lynette. I secretly want one to cruise around in!




Floral Friday

Michael Kaiser said...

Nice bus! Great shot. Its either a '74 or '75. I have a '74 in about the same shape. http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkaiser/sets/72157602187902913/

Anonymous said...

These old VWs used to be as common here at house flys, but now are as rare as hen's teeth. I haven't seen one in the area for a long time. We do have a modern SUV with a big sign painted on the side, "Dreamie Weanie" the name of a new, trying to make it, hot dog house.

Thanks for your visit to my birds blog and your comment about the Brown Thrush.

Jim Klenke said...

Did you see if Cheech or Chong was driving?

Neat that you talked to someone from Oprahs staff. I keep watching that video over and over, I want to take part in something like that.