Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Leverage," at City Hall, Downtown Portland, May 27, 2009

Please scroll down to see today's dahlia, Cynthia Louise, from Swan Island Dahlias.

I haven't been in the right place at the right time to get any actual people who are in TNT's "Leverage," but I like these shots anyway. One day when Mama and I were in Lamont's station wagon, driving west on NW Glisan, he did see Timothy Hutton standing on the sidewalk, waiting to cross the street. Not having a rear view mirror connected to the passenger seat, I missed him! I tell you, my brain's going--I can't remember why we were in Lamont's car, but I can remember that I missed seeing my first ever live Academy Award winner. Not that I've seen any dead ones, didn't mean to make it sound like I had.

Outside City Hall on SW 5th Avenue. Notice the feet and legs on the right of the photo? There was a guard on duty.
DSC_0054

Outside City Hall on SW 4th Avenue. The entrance is through this rounded portico.
DSC_0062
City Hall is a four-story Italian Renaissance-style building, completed in 1895. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 21, 1974. City Hall has gone through several renovations, with the most recent overhaul gutting the interior to upgrade it to modern seismic and safety standards. The original was built for $600,000, while the 1996 to 1998 renovation cost $29 million.

Dahlia, Cynthia Louise. Facts from Swan Island Dahlias--Bloom: 10" Soft Yellow, Bush: 4'
DSC_0111_cynthia_louise

4 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

You may need to take a day off work and hide behind a planter.

We get our chance to see our Academy Award winner this Saturday (I hope the rain stops long enough). Jamie Foxx day in Terrell, I was told I need to sign up with the media.

WendyB said...

Time for you to go all paparazzi on us and photograph an actor -- live or dead!

Anonymous said...

Well the flower is very pretty.

Don and Krise said...

I'm going to ask you again....do you have your long lens ready??