Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Seen on the streets of Portland, B-Line, sustainable urban delivery

Please scroll down to see today's dahlia, Nick Sr., from Swan Island Dahlias.

Click here to read all about B-Line, sustainable urban delivery. This is one of the reasons I really like my new home city.

Heading north on SW 6th Avenue, July 17, 2009
DSC_0478_picniked

Heading north on SE 6th Avenue, July 24, 2009
DSC_0730_picniked

Waiting at the traffic light, heading east on SE Hawthorne Blvd., April 14, 2009
DSC_0101_picniked

Today's dahlia, Nick Sr. Facts from Swan Island Dahlias--Bloom: 11" Red, Bush: 5'
DSC_0099_nick_sr

6 comments:

Marie said...

Your dahlia is magnificent!

I have not well understood. Do they deliver coffee at your home???

Ming the Merciless said...

Have you tried the coffee? Is it any good.

I usually get the Coffee By Design (CBD) from Portland, ME.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea that a man on a bicycle can make ends meet in this day and age.

Thanks for visiting my birds blog. To answer your question. No, it is not St Augustine grass. It is old Kentucky Blue Grass. My son has the kind you mentioned and lives in Florida.

Don and Krise said...

Interesting concept, and another eco-friendly company. I wish them luck. I'd like to see more small deliveries made this way.
P.S. Lotsa nice dahlias lately!

Floral Friday said...

That was really neat to admire all the biking in Portland when Don and I go. Everywhere you look is bikes and more bikes. So it is just fitting for this to be. I just have to wonder how hard it is to pedal?



Floral Friday

Lynette said...

Marie, B-Line delivers for businesses. Here's a bit about them: We partner with businesses large and small to take care of their downtown and close-in delivery needs so that they don’t have to deal with the challenges of conventional trucks and vans. This, in turn, creates a more sustainable, livable community for all.

Ming, I don't drink coffee, so I have no idea what Portland Roasting Coffee tastes like. I do know that my older son Lamont and my Mama like Stumptown.

Mr. Lincoln, thanks for the info about the grass.

Don and Krise, glad you're enjoying the dahlias.

Floral Friday, I stay amazed at the number of bicyclists I see every single day here. As far as pedaling goes, it has to be hard on some of the steep, steep hills.