Friday, September 25, 2009

Floral Friday, flowers in a nearby yard and today's dahlia

Please scroll down to see today's dahlia, , from Swan Island Dahlias.

I like the contrast of the blossoms and leaves. They're in a front yard around the corner. Do you think the three bright green leaves sticking out above the lower greenery detract from the look of the photo?
DSC_0163_picniked

I wish they weren't there myself. I've cropped and treated it differently with Picnik.
DSC_0163_picniked
Which one do you like best, please?

Today's dahlia, Kidd's Climax. Facts from Swan Island Dahlias--Bloom: 10" Pink and Cream Blend, Bush: 3 1/2'
DSC_0126_kidds_climax

7 comments:

imquilternity said...

I liked the cropped version best. The greener leaves are really just a distraction and don't add to the beauty of the photo. But, you already knew that! You consistenly take the most gorgeous photos! I follow you every day!

Small City Scenes said...

Dandelion leaves are just about everywhere. I don't mind them. the cropped one is nice because you have a closer look at the flowers.

My yellow roses are only slightly scented but I smell then anyway. MB

XoXo said...

That last photo is marvelous and they really look so beautiful. Cool colors too. Thanks for the visit.

Unknown said...

I prefer the cropped version best. But there are lovely shades of pink in all three photos.

Don and Krise said...

Yep, I agree. The cropped one is a keeper. Wow, that dahlia is something else. They really have become one of my wife's favorites.

Floral Friday said...

I like them both for different reasons. The first one because it makes it unique. The second for the little clover sneaking in to the shot.

Thank you for leaving your pretty's on floral friday!

Anonymous said...

Your cropped one is nicest to me. I am not sure how others might like them but I also like the extreme macro one.