Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Sunday supper on June 7, 2009

DSC_0174
OK, we've got pre-browned ground beef mixed with sauteed Vidalia sweet onion, a spaghetti spice packet from Fred Meyer and two cans of petite diced no-salt S&W tomatoes, plus angel hair pasta--Barilla. Just what is pre-browned ground beef? A couple of weeks ago I bought two packages of ground beef, about a pound and a quarter each. I decided to brown one and make burritos which we thoroughly enjoyed. I also decided to brown the other one, drain it well, and freeze it. Sunday I thawed it to mix with those other ingredients, smart gal that I am!

On top of the spaghetti I have a vegetable combination, all cooked in my usual rough-cut, sauteed in olive/canola oil method. The combination is Vidalia sweet onion, orange bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, baby bok choy, rainbow chard, Italian kale and curly kale.

Mama and I ate it, happily impressed with the tastes and textures. Thank goodness--we've got left-overs!

4 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Looks good too.

B SQUARED said...

I can smell it now.

WendyB said...

What a perfect picture!

Don and Krise said...

That is a smorgasbord on a plate.