Saturday, November 22, 2014

More of this side of the coin--winter in Portland.



DSC_0122

Yep, more ice hanging this time from an informative display sign on the rooftop garden. I took these photos on Friday, November 14, before work hours began. I enjoy going up there some mornings to experience the weather and the view of downtown. That day, though, my focus was much closer.

DSC_0117

I haven't checked on the status this kale since that icy morning, in particular, but in the corner of my mind, I don't remember seeing it when I was on the roof this week.

DSC_0111

Some of this Swiss chard in this row was still in the ground on Wednesday afternoon, November 19. It appeared to have made it through the icy conditions robustly. I wonder how yesterday's hard rain and blustery wind impacted it, if it's still there.

DSC_0113

It's interesting how pretty ice can be when you think about its destructive impact.

Tomorrow, another side of the winter coin in Portland.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Exquisitely beautiful!

Randy said...

Wonderful details. These are amazing.