Wednesday, February 20, 2013

An intersection which I frequent

Click here for a trip to City Daily Photo, transporting you around the world every day.

PicMonkey Collage_NE_Grand_E_Burnside

Photos taken on Saturday, February 16, 2013, on my way home from a good Saturday out and about. 

Top photo, a Portland Streetcar waits at the corner at a shelter/stop shared by it and the #6 TriMet bus. The streetcar is on SE Grand Avenue. When the traffic signal changes to green and it crosses the intersection, it will be on NE Grand Avenue. The street is crosses at the intersection is East Burnside, the thoroughfare that divides north from south in Portland. Those two young women are walking on the south side of East Burnside, heading west across SE Grand Avenue, toward the Burnside Bridge over the Willamette River--I didn't turn to watch them see where they were headed.

Of the two photos at the bottom of the collage, the one on the left is of a pedestrian whose red clutch bag, red poncho, and red socks caught my eye. She's waiting to cross East Burnside, walking south on the west side of SE Grand Avenue. Once the light changed and she started to walk, she stretched her legs out and stepped out with determination, but I didn't watch her to see where she was headed. The photo on the right is the empty bus shelter/stop, waiting for the next bus or streetcar, passengers for either one. The Plaid Pantry behind it is a convenience store--when I first moved here from Jackson, Mississippi, I found convenience stores without gas pumps to be quite strange. Back home, such a sight was few and far between. 

4 comments:

LONDONLULU said...

Thanks for this slice-of-life peek, I do love everyday scenes like this (they tend to be so overlooked and yet when we go back to old photos, it's often the daily/everyday shots we love to see...along with people of course:)

Julie(t) said...

Love these photos of my so beloved city. And the collage j magnifies it so well.

Randy said...

Looks like an old part of town. Nice shots.

Jim Klenke said...

I like the look of the street car, looks real modern. Most all of our stores have gas pumps, but my store, the guy says he doesnt make money from the gas. He makes it from lottery, smokes and beer. Thankfully I refrain from 2 of the 3 and play the lottery very little. Oh, I use Corel Paint Shop Pro for my editing. I've had the program for about 5 or so years.