Monday, December 3, 2012

Seen at Pioneer Courthouse Square

PCHS_tree_topper_men_crane

After work on November 16, I had some time to spare before catching the MAX to the Rose Garden for a basketball game. I noticed these two men installing the Christmas tree topper. Cool.

DSC_0206

The scene at the bottom of the tree--that greenery is what was left of the fill-in greenery. I didn't get any photos of that process this year.

  DSC_0326

Here are some guys working on fill-in greenery on November 15, 2008.

I have yet to get a photo of the lighted tree--the Friday after Thanksgiving a huge crowd gathered beneath their umbrellas in a downpour, waiting for the magical moment. I know because I saw them from the bus window as I went by on my way to the Rose Garden for a basketball game.

  532168_10151278387979429_1831343191_n

The entire week after Thanksgiving the tree was surrounded by white tents set-up to keep dry those who came to the Holiday Ale Festival. I took this photo with the iPhone4 while waiting for the bus home on November 28. Sorry, blurry, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

That's a fair size tree. I like the blue lights.