Saturday, August 7, 2010

Entree Envy, Anyone?

DSC_0155_orecchiette
Succulent, sweet, wonderfully textured new entree at 3 Doors Down Cafe, orecchiette, oven-roasted cherry tomatoes, corn, smoked bacon, scallion sauce--I ate half of it for my Friday night supper and brought the rest home for lunch on Saturday.

What makes a cherry tomato sweet? It's bound to be a miracle inside that tiny globe, the combination of sugar in the tomato's meat, held inside by that tight, firm skin. Put them in the oven, sliced in half by a properly sharp knife, and a proscribed number of minutes later you've got a bite of heaven with each one.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Oh my, I am hungry now!

Yolanda said...

Oh that does look so delicious! I never made it over to 3 doors down during my visit! I am bummed! Next time for sure!

Anonymous said...

Was it good? I mean could you feel something between your teeth or is it one of those dishes you just open your mouth and then swallow? I like to feel something between my teeth. My dad could eat popcorn and never had false teeth and had lost all his other teeth when young.

Mo said...

looks delicious

Steve Scauzillo said...

I appreciate your tomato recipe tips. We have some tomatoes growing in our yard at home. Always looking for new and creative uses. This dish looks fabulous.