Friday, February 13, 2009

Seen on the streets of Portland, No. 6

dentist_chair_street_cropped
How many of can say that we've ever seen a dentist's chair on the sidewalk? This is my first one.

After PCPA's Volunteer Orientation on Saturday, Jan. 24, 2009, I walked north towards the general vicinity of Kenny and Zuke’s, thinking about pastrami and potato salad. Their call had such a hold on me that I practically missed this photo opportunity.

Drawing even with the door in the sidewalk, I stopped, backed a couple of steps and verified, "Yes, that's a dentist's chair on the sidewalk." So I got out the camera and clicked off a few. I like this one best because I got the highway sign on the truck's side.

Waiting people overflowed out of Kenny and Zuke's, so I postponed my visit, opting instead to head home.

3 comments:

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Tag it as a first for me, too.

Lowell said...

Maybe a patient had a tooth pulled badly by the dentist and he decided to excise the dentist's chair?

Pretty funny foto!

AVCr8teur said...

Could it be a new chair being delivered? Those wires at the end of the lamp looks unnerving to hook up.

The pastrami and potato salad would be difficult for me to pass up.