Friday, August 22, 2008

What's black and white and red all over?

082108_black_white_red_all_over
The scene: I'm sitting on a green metal bench across the river from work, in the park named Chapman Square. I'm on my lunch hour. Beside me on the bench I have my camera at the ready, my sweet ice tea, my half peanut butter sandwich, and half of a plain muffin sprinkled with chocolate chips.
The action: A woman wearing a red helmet, riding a red scooter, passes in front of me at the corner. I grab my camera, take one photo as she crosses SW 3rd, swivel to my left and take the photo you see above.
The serendipity: When I download the photo, I immediately know I could not have planned this photo any better.
The joy: I hope you share it with me as you take in the colors, the juxtapositions, the action.

10 comments:

ft. lauderdale daily photo said...

Perfect!

Louis la Vache said...

We need to see that "Mr. Vespa," Chuck Pefley sees this!

Chuck Pefley said...

You do indeed have a Vespa in your photo ... GTS-250ie, to be exact ... like mine, except I have a bit larger and black top case on the back.

Thanks for your visit and comment, Lynnette.

WendyB said...

You're like Quick Draw McGraw with the camera.

The Mulligan Family said...

Cool photo! I don't know if you have ever participated in "Ruby Tuesday" - but that would have been a PERFECT posting! Cheers!

DeterminedPeace said...

I'm not sure if the photo is what caught my interest or the peanut butter sandwich with half a muffin sprinkled with chocolate chips. Now I'm hungry :-)))

Unknown said...

Lynette -- Iwas looking up something for someone the other day and stumbled about a bunch of sites about street photography. Google it some time. You will find it interesting.
Apparently this is a real serious art.

Unknown said...

The Photographer Gods were with you that day for sure :) Great catch.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I did think you were going to say a really bad old joke when I read the title. Well observed those. Those dots of red really make the image jump out.

Jill said...

It's amazing that the others in the photo wore white, black and red (except for the jeans) and the white column/monument. Yes, you could not have planned it any better.