Friday, August 29, 2008

Europa on Park

Yesterday after work I rode the bus to the west side of the river, got off next to the
First and Main building site, and walked a few blocks west to the last Music on Main of this summer. Photos will be posted soon, I promise--I took so many that I need some time to look over them.

Anyway, after listening to some fine music outdoors, I walked a few more blocks to catch a bus home, looking here, looking there, like I always do. Of course, I must also own up to the fact that I look down a lot, making sure where my feet are going.

On SW Park, this vignette at the Europa caught my eye.
082908_europa_two_windows

082908_europa_one_window

All of you photo bloggers out there will find this as much fun as I did, I think. Yesterday Jill at Salem Oregon Daily Photo commented, Do you really go to work or just wander around the streets? You have so many great street shots!!

Here’s my answering comment: Thanks, Jill, I do work a 40-hour week, but walking is so easy here, what with these super days of good weather that are so comfortable after work, with well-maintained sidewalks, the sun shining, a breeze blowing, and a TriMet ride home nearby. I can't help myself, I often take walks around downtown, camera at the ready. It's purely paradise.

6 comments:

WendyB said...

That's a nice moment that you captured there.

Jim Klenke said...

Great snapshot of someone going about their business. I would love to live in a big town, thats small enough to walk around.

Neva said...

That is funny about you and walking! It does sound like you live in a wonderful place for walking as well as photographing.....

Jill said...

Nice light through the windows. We all can tell you really love to walk and look. You have such a knack for 'seeing', especially through the lens.

Meead said...

Great shots Lynette indeed. I'll join you in next few weeks to experience and feel the purely paradise you talked about.

My future photos of Portland may be of Downtown(SW) mostly, around campus, if not going out so much. But I'm sure I cannot resist and will try to discover all the neighborhoods. If I get a bike, I'll do it more easily, since I can take the bike into buses and trams.

I have to thank you also for your suggestion in old days if you remember. I had asked you about what camera I'd better to buy. You may know that I bought a Canon A750 finally. I won't forget it. Each time I take a photo, your name crosses my mind because of your great suggestion :)

GMG said...

Hi Lynette! First of all many thanks for your comment on my post of 08.08.08 at 08h08 at Blogtrotter, now in Kos, Greece! It was great to read you there. Second, sorry for the long delay to come here, but August was a terribly busy month, as everybody else seems to be in vacation…
Anyhow, I found sometime now to land here and enjoy your blog. Great treat! Keep walking... ;)
Wish you a great weekend!