Sunday, September 14, 2014

Seen at the Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival, No. 16, July 3, 2014 - Los Lonely Boys



DSC_0963

I've read that family voices harmonize particularly well. I'm here to tell you that both times I've had the ecstatic pleasure of being in a Los Lonely Boys' audience, that is profoundly true. Here we have, left to right, Henry, Ringo, and JoJo, doing it oh so well.

DSC_0992

To the best of my memory and Google searching, this is Steve Berlin of Los Lobos joining Los Lonely Boys on stage. Magnificent music ensued, let me tell you!

DSC_0997

I was a long ways away from the stage and zoomed in the best that I could from my seat on the metal bench beneath the Blues Benefactor canopy. I decided that this photo, in addition to the other two, could be cropped and give you an idea of the dynamics on stage during the Los Lonely Boys performance. I especially enjoyed this when JoJo and Henry both played Henry's guitar while Ringo joined in on the drums.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good captures. I've heard of the band before.

Randy said...

Wow, they get around. There were just here not too long ago.

Jim Klenke said...

Great shots, I remember you talking about them a year or so ago being in Portland the first time.