Monday, February 10, 2014

Looks like a snow cone bar, just waiting for the colorful flavors to be applied

Cabin fever set in. However, with the thick coating of ice on top of the inches and inches of snow, I decided to stay inside. So, I walked around in my building, looking out common area windows. Or standing in the doorways. I'm glad I did because I would have missed the opportunity to take these photos.
 

A collage of three photos that I took of these icy snow shapes on a row of electric meters outside my building. I didn't plan to make a collage, but once I had uploaded the three images you see below and realized that I just might be able to work, much like I did in yesterday's post, I went for it. Not perfect but certainly satisfying.
 

Top photo.
 

Middle photo.



Bottom photo.
 

Bonus view, wide shot, from the first floor.
 

Bonus view, wide shot, from the second floor. The snow must really be deep between the two buildings. I don't have any idea how to walk to that spot, plus that snow might be deeper than my boots!

6 comments:

Birdman said...

Looks more like PORTLAND, Maine then Oregon. I hear you've been hit with lots of ice.

Jim Klenke said...

Great imagination, lol. A snow cone production line.

Lowell said...

You have a wonderful imagination. Sno-cones they are. Great shots, too!

Melissa said...

Oh Lynette, too bad you don't have some snow shoes :) Decorating the snow cones with food coloring would be so fun! As for the weather forecaster, I wonder if he meant to say scout out? I agree that scour out sounds wrong. I've been listening for that term but haven't heard it yet. They certainly keep us on our toes with all the weather vocab though.

William Kendall said...

The images work beautifully!

I had that same sort of "do I walk through that" moment a few days ago taking a pic of a lion sculpture...

Randy said...

They do look like sno-cones!