Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I got off the bus to take this photo before they all blew off, they lit up the vista.

DSC_0146p
Wednesday, November 3, I decided to get off the bus and walk back east onto the Hawthorne Bridge. Too many beautiful trees had gone un-photographed by my trusty Nikon D50. Not wanting to be too late getting home, I decided to try this shot from the north side of the bridge approach, rather than walking down the stairs, beneath the bridge, and then back up the other side. I sort of like the railing at the top of the wall which shows up at the bottom of the shot. I especially like the golden tree in the center of the shot, as well as the green leaves mixed with the reds. While some of these leaves remain on the trees, in the last 12 days, rain has fallen and winds have blown. All over the city, leaves line the curbs, cover the cars that haven't been driven, and either cover or speckle the sidewalks. Slippery when wet applies.

Here’s a link to the Mayor Sam Adams' leaf pick-up fee fiasco, for which he’s taking the blame.

DSC_0191p
Later that evening after I got off the bus and walked east on our street, I took this photo. You can see that while leaves cover the parking spaces and most of the sidewalk, lots of leaves are still on the trees. Today they're all blown down, waiting to be removed. Click here to see lots and lots of autumn leaf photos from November, 2008, and to read all about the NW Portland Clean Sweep.

6 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

Scrumptious Autumn leaves and their colors - love it, love it!

Halcyon said...

Such beautiful fall colors!

Jack said...

Simply beautiful, aren't they? I applaud your efforts in the interests of fall loliage photography!

SRQ said...

Nothing like autumn colors. I agree --- the gold tree in the center of the top photo is quite nice.

Lois said...

Beautiful! Glad you got off the bus to take these.

Ken Mac said...

whoa!!!!