Friday, November 12, 2010

The week before the end of Daylight Saving Time, when I could see

DSC_0162p
Wednesday, November 3, once again I'm at the corner of SW Washington and SW Broadway, waiting for the 15. Ah, the joys of being in the right spot at the right time. It certainly didn't hurt that this Dodge Daytona was thumping, so much so that I had time to look, get the camera out of my bag and turn it on, then point it for several quick shots. When the light changed to green, the driver slowly advanced for the left turn. I'm loving this blurred bicycle and rider. Those reddish smudges on the pavement are actually the blurred rims of the bicycle's wheels! What I want to know is where is the bicyclist's head? Even at the largest image, I can't say for sure, but I think he's lowered it between his shoulders. At least I think it's a he. And I can see that the driver of the Dodge Daytona is a man. Fun, I'm having fun with this photo!

9 comments:

Jack said...

Lynette, this is FABULOUS! A nice urban setting, a cool yellow studmobile, and the blur of a passing bicyclist. Very very interesting image.

ben wideman said...

I love that the cyclist appears to be going much faster than the car.

Hull and Hereabouts said...

Great shot. Great fun!

Lowell said...

Super shot and certainly shows how serendipity can play a large part in great photos!

VP said...

A nice effect, he was going fast!

Eli said...

A perfect capture! A moment later and that Dodge would have been gone, tearing down the street.

The cormorants were on an old abandoned pier at little squalicum park on the north side of Bellingham.

Leslie D. said...

ha great! They appear on the verge of the race of their lives. Love your title "when I could see" as I still can't believe it's pitch black around here at 5:30.

Anonymous said...

I like your car photos. They all stretch off the page. which is totally different.

Jim Klenke said...

nice shot, love the car, and catching the rider like that is neat.