Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Neon man-made greens.

DSC_0248p
I adore this sign on Interstate Avenue.

DSC_0128p
Love this one, too, which is also on Interstate Avenue.

DSC_0220p
And one more beaut, also on Interstate Avenue.

DSC_0040p
Here's one more that I enjoy seeing on SE Hawthorne.

DSC_0163p
Kelly's Olympian at night, with a Green Cab out front.

DSC_0156p
Here's the whole store front for Kelly's Olympian. By the way, these two photos were taken in 2007. The Kelly's photo on Sunday's post was just taken on Saturday, October 23, 2010.

neon_md_or2p
Last but not least, my absolute favorite neon sign here in Portland. At some point in the future, it will read Portland, Oregon.

3 comments:

gogouci said...

Oh I love all that retro neon. I was in east Portland. Wonderful series.

Jim Klenke said...

Wow, I love these also. There is a website I found once that is devoted to old neon signs. I think I spent all night looking at it. A lot were roadside motels.

Randy said...

I love these signs. When I lived in Phoenix there was a Palms Theater with a smilar sign like the Palms you shot.