Monday, October 4, 2010

Mama's home!

DSC_0250p
Here she is, in bed with Duncan, the last photo that I took of the two of them together, on May 17, 2010.

Her lungs cleared of fluid, there was no evidence in the blood work enzymes that she'd had a heart attack, she got steadier on her feet, back to her normal oxygen level and the regular cannula apparatus, so the doctor said I could come get her after work. Our friend Danielle has moved up here from California and she knew how to get around at OHSU, so she took me there and brought us home. Hooray. I remain sane thanks to Danielle!

As we were riding along after coming down the curving roads on Marquam Hill, she said, "I'm so glad to live in Portland!"

From looking at her discharge papers, it looks like we need to make an appointment her primary care physician, Dr. Yutan, so that he can check her out. She already has an appointment next Monday with the hematologist Dr. Soo, so I'm going to check to see if he can be the one who follows up so that she doesn't have to go to two doctors in one day. Afterall, Dr. Soo is the one who ordered this particular blood transfusion.

I'm staying home with her tomorrow and will get her started on the iron and vitamin C that Dr. Soo said for her to start taking--I bought the wrong one and have to go back to Walgreens to get the right one, plus the inhaler that the hospitalist says he wants her to have here at home.

As far as a diagnosis goes, he has put "Acute respiratory failure, suspect transfusion related acute lung injury (TRALI) and transfusion associated circulatory overload (TACO). That along with her other chronic conditions set up her for this scary situation. Now we'll get her back on schedule and hopefully not go through this again.

Thanks again for all of your prayers!

Love y'all,

Lynette

1 comment:

Steve Scauzillo said...

Lynette: I hope she'll feel better. My wife's mom and her family were all from Portland. She looks a little like her! Prayers going out.