Sunday, October 24, 2010

Man-made instances of the secondary color, green.

DSC_0143p
The drums on stage with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band at Jimmy Mak's, a fine jazz club within walking distance of where I live--how fortunate.

DSC_0039_700x714p
Handlebars and the frame of this bicycle, man-made greens, as well as the cloth in the baby seat. By the way, I actually saw a lady standing near this bicycle with a baby strapped to her chest. I have to tell you that, while I am in favor of bicycling, I just can't get used to folks riding on busy thoroughfares, especially with a baby on board. It strikes me as dangerous, asking for trouble, irresponsible. To give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she rode up to the Hawthorne corner on a side street. But, to tell you the truth, those particular side streets are narrow, often with vehicles parked on both side, and busy. But, I digress. Back to green, known for its calming impact.

DSC_0143p 780x564
The background of the signs at Kelly's, as well as the neon in the signs.

DSC_0627p
The trash can and these bike racks at Powell's Books, on another extremely busy thoroughfare, West Burnside. Hopefully these riders rode on side streets, too, but again to tell you the truth I've been in autos and buses going slowly along behind bicyclists riding along in the traffic, on the two-laned street which is often bordered with park vehicles.

DSC_0115p
The rolling waves in this fabulous mural with a terrific message: Practicing nonviolence is a way of life.

DSC_0028p
The green paint on the Pinecone. I wonder if the building is apartments or condos? I hope it's still apartments because surely that's what it was built to be.

DSC_0521p
1929 Ford Roadster, seen at the Cruise In at The Bomber.


DSC_0468p
Fireworks from July 4, 2010, as seen from the Willamette River, downtown Portland, Oregon.

DSC_0247p
A truck parked across the street from the Cruise In at The Bomber.

3 comments:

Randy said...

Love all of your Green photos. My favorite being that old truck. Bravo!

gogouci said...

Very creative series. It was neat to see Kelly's. I used to manage the Camera World store across the street. The scenery seems to have changed over the past 10 years.

Jim Klenke said...

Neat green choices. Walking distance to a jazz club huh? That would be the hang out when not at 3 doors down.