Saturday, March 20, 2010

Vacation, Day 8, 10/28/2009, Part 3

Just a few of the sights from Wednesday, our first full day at Talladega.

DSC_0010p
Now that's a big rig! I wonder if the folks inside had to rent two sites for it.

DSC_0017
Another view of the big rig. It's at the dump station which is exactly what you think it is.

DSC_0013p
These innovative flag poles caught my eye. They actually swing back and forth in the breeze.

DSC_0014p
Wonder if the guy used to be a Boy Scout? Look how prepared he is, brought his firewood, lawn chairs and plenty of flag poles.

DSC_0016p
Toys on both sides of this camper trailer--to the left, a TV satellite, to the right, what looks to be a blow-up play pen or some such. Must be a Boy Scout here, too.

DSC_0022p
And there, in the distance, part of the grandstand at Talladega Superspeedway. I think that tallest section is the Tri-Oval Tower, maybe also it includes the Oval Hill Tower, North and South sections. I knew I couldn't remember for sure, so I Googled without much success until I decided to go to Google Images. That's when I searched for Talladega Superspeedway Tri-Oval Tower. Imagine my utter shock when the third photo, that's #3, was a photo that I took in April, 2006, and had put onto this blog in April, 2008. It's a photo of Kay and Mama sitting beside the fire in the very same campground I went to on vacation. Really! Isn't that a hoot? You'll have to scroll down a little bit to see that particular photo, though.

DSC_0023
Remember the trailer that had been brought over earlier and left? Here it is again. Now there's a golf cart that must have arrived on the flat-bed trailer parked to its left. I wonder where the road-worthy vehicle is that drove it there? How far did they come? I hope it's not far because they'll have to make two trips home, one for each trailer. These must be some real race fans.

And so are the folks in the big rig. That's a Montana license plate on it, at least 2000 miles from Alabama to Montana. Wow.

1 comment:

Don and Krise said...

We are talking some die hard fans! (You included.)