Saturday, March 6, 2010

Vacation, Day 7, 10/27/2009, Part 2

I have heard that standard poodles are way smart. These two certainly look it, perched as they are in the driver's seat. Their people must have been buying gas for the motor home. I can't remember for sure--I just know I couldn't resist taking the photo.
DSC_0087p

There is no telling, absolutely no telling, what Mama's saying here. She's a hoot, so I'll wager it was funny!
DSC_0085
Kay, Mama, Milton, Aunt Baker.

As we made our way towards Alabama, I decided to take photos here and there as I noticed something or other that grabbed my attention. Here you go--some won't need much explanation, some might, some will. I took these photos from the truck, through the windows, so I've decided to boost the color on each of them.

Almost to the Alabama, Mississippi line.
DSC_0089p

Just over the line. Who'd ever guess there'd be another way to spell Utah?
DSC_0092_p

They make Mercedes Benz just off I 20, between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.
DSC_0100p

Kudzu, the bane of the South. Here are some nicknames I found for it on Wikipedia: "foot-a-night vine," "mile-a-minute vine," and "the vine that ate the South" (of the United States).
DSC_0106

3 comments:

Bill said...

That's a great shot of the poodles. Looks like they're watching TV.

Don and Krise said...

I think Mama was saying "Hurry up and take the shot!"

WendyB said...

Fab poodle photo!