Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Mother's Day Dogwood Blossoms for Everyone

We took a ride in the Buick on Mother's Day afternoon, through some streets in Southeast Portland. One particular dogwood, among dozens, stood close enough to the sidewalk that I was able to pull over and take a few photos. I held a small branch still and took this photo blindly pointing the camera toward that blossom. I know it's not in focus on the blossom, but still I do like this photo. The green grass in the background makes the photo, I think.
DSC_0171

I took this one looking up into the tree.
DSC_0168

I wanted to share it with all of you. I know I'm late on Mother's Day, but nevertheless, I'm sending out my best wishes to you.

8 comments:

Marie said...

I don't know when we are going to have Mother's Day in France but it was not yesterday for sure. That is why I did not visit my blogger friends' blogs. Happy belated Mother's Day to your mother and to you.

tapirgal said...

So right you are about expectations for the sun - especially this year! I think there were a few patches of blue early in the day, but by the time I got to Sunday Market, it was overcast. No big surprise :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OH, pretty!!! Very nice--We have these, two, but my pix are NOT so nice.

HAppy belated mother's day. I missed it so didn't even mention it. Guess I should have.

Bettey said...

How pretty. Great details capured here!

I just wanted to let you know that you have been tagged for a fun Blogger community introduction. Follow my link back to my Gresham Daily Photoblog for more details. :-)

http://gresham-hoodphoto.blogspot.com/2009/05/things-that-make-me-happy.html

Anonymous said...

These are just flat out beautiful pictures, Lynette.

Don and Krise said...

I agree. Nice work, and a belated Happy Mother's Day to you and Mom.

gogouci said...

Great blooming tree. Hope your Mom's Day was a memorable one.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

great captures. I enjoyed the other photos on your site also. I have signed up as a follower and look forward to more excellent photos. Thanks for your comments on my site.