Friday, May 15, 2009

Was I ever on my feet on Thursday!

We had an awards ceremony at work. I had been asked to be the hostess which means lots of pushing a cart with food, etc. on it, lots of standing up and moving tables and chairs, lots of standing up and setting food, etc. on tables, and then cleaning up and putting the room back like it was before we started. It went very well for everyone, and I had lots of help, both at the ceremony and with my usual job responsibilities.
DSC_7
After work I walked to the bus and rode west across the river to walk to a downtown sandwich shop where I ate a quick, light supper. Then I walked to the Antoinette Hatfield Hall for my scheduled volunteer usher shift.
DSC_9
Usually we volunteers get to take a seat once the house lights go down, but the patron turnout tonight took all of the seats, so I essentially stood up 95% of the time from 6:15 p.m. until headed home on the MAX about 9:20 p.m.

Not that I'm down or out, though. I'll be up and ready to go after a good night's sleep, courtesy of Portland's cool night breezes and an Aleve.

Oh, I took these photos at the nearby Urban Outfitter on NW 23rd and West Burnside. I thought they perfectly fit how my feet feel.

4 comments:

Don and Krise said...

Excellent pics to go with that schedule. You just go-go-go don't you?

Jim Klenke said...

Sounds like a long day. Cool shots, but they look like they are for skinny people, I would be out.

tapirgal said...

I like pix of store windows, I don't know why. Anyway, thanks :) I hope your feet recover soon!

steps around the world said...

Hello! Me ha gustado el post :) Un saludo!