Monday, September 8, 2008

Hello.

Important update below. Thank you.

"Hello, Lynette," said the brick building that stood alone, at a height of five stories.
090808_wall_reflects_615x462
This Wednesday is ABC Wednesday: H. In honor of that letter, the first letter of my maiden name and also my married name, plus the first names of my two sons who were each named for one of my two grandfathers, I have decided to base this entire week's post on the letter H.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
To me blogging is a community of like-minded individuals who care about each other, about what each of us decides to reveal about our lives in our posts. We demonstrate that we care about where we live, that we believe certain things and abhor others. We support each other by clicking, reading, and commenting. Please take a moment to read this post at Wendy Brandes Jewelry. Please pay close attention to the link in the sentence, “Click here to read about her and to bid.” You will read about Stephanie, a 27-year-old mother of four, and Christian, her 29-year-old husband. and the hand that fate has dealt them. You will read about your opportunity to help, either through WendyB's efforts or at Stephanie’s sister’s blog. Watch the first hour of the Today Show in the morning, or tape it and watch it later.

Thank you.

13 comments:

WendyB said...

I'd be scared of a talking building.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Very nice photo, Linette! The building is beautiful and love the shadows.

Jim Klenke said...

Neat building, but where is the shadow coming from?

istanbuldailyphoto said...

nice apartmen shot

Photo Cache said...

Cool shot. Love the shadows, the angle and the ominous clouds.

Anonymous said...

hello, what a cloudy sky you have there, but it looks nice against the building.

TeamSplashi said...

I like this photo, your post with food is so yummy

Anonymous said...

The building looks like a large tree, bigger than the building, is casting shade patterns on it, but surely not. Must be something else.

You asked about the iron dog in my picture.

Yes, it is iron and was given to me by my mother. It is one of two things I have from my parents. Mom and dad had the dog and a small table and gave them both to me ages ago. The dog is supposed to be worth a lot of money. Somebody told me that.

Neva said...

This is a great shot.....I will stop over for a visit at Wendy....

WendyB said...

Thanks for the mention, Lynette! As long as that building doesn't mention my name. I don't want it talking about me behind my back.

Anonymous said...

quite a polite building you've got there. :)

Anonymous said...

That is an outstanding picture, and the light and shadows really make it.

PJ said...

I swearI left a comment here. Every now and then one gets dropped. So frustrating. anyway,I read anout NieNie and my prayers ate with them.