Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A sunny view of the flowering cherry trees at Tom McCall Waterfront Park

tom_mccall_waterfront_park_march_24_blooming_cherry_trees A scene I've missed getting to see up close for the last several years. Bound and determined not to miss it this year, I took advantage of the sunshine on March 24 and walked through Tom McCall Waterfront Park from the Saturday Market all the way to the Steel Bridge. I continued onto the bridge and took this photo looking south. I wish the trees had been in full bloom, but one can't be too picky around here, what with gray skies, rain, and wind impacting the span of time the flowers are actually on the tree limbs.

5 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

They look in bloom, very pretty

Randy said...

That is so beautiful. What a great shot.

Warren said...

looks like a beautiful place for a walk

Jack said...

I am a big fan of cherry trees. Cherry trees are cheery.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh what a stunning shot!