Monday, April 23, 2012

An orchard near the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm, Earth Day

orchard_framed After a couple of hours immersed in vivid color, my newly-moved-to-Portland-from-Minnesota friend Julie and I turned the wrong way in her little red Kia, at my urging because I misread the Google Map. Serendipity, it turns out because we saw this orchard. And Julie, game gal that she is, agreed to pull off somewhere close and safe so that I could get a photo, which turned out to be a decent Earth Day image.

Much farther away the shadows were even more impressive, but I'm quite happy to have only walked far enough to get this one. My muddy Crocs held my tired feet, muddy from the fields of tulips, tired from the lumpy ground in the fields of tulips.

Come back tomorrow for photos to the fields of tulips and those of us humans drawn outside by the sunshine to seek beauty.

4 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Looks like one of those Paris gardens.

Valladolid Daily Photo said...

Great shot, very appropiate.

Paul in Powell River said...

Serendipitous indeed! - nice find.

Randy said...

This reminds me of the place I used to live in California.