Sunday, January 2, 2011

Portland's downtown reflects the rising sun in front of gray skies

DSC_0171p
This might look like an every-day-sort-of-view. As I uploaded it to Flickr, I saw something else entirely. I looked at the roadway curving out of sight and thought about 2011 stretching out in front of us. I looked at the gray sky and thought about the shining buildings which mean there is sunshine around the corner. So, this photo is a metaphor for what I want 2011 to be for all of us, a journey towards whatever comes, counting each moment on the appearance of the sun.

7 comments:

Michael Valčić said...

Great shot to summarize 2011. As the road curves out of road, it seems to be a mystery. Just like 2011.

Marcy Casterline O'Rourke said...

Thank you for making me see what you see; your shimmering skyline set against the ominous gray of the unknown future give me goosebumps, the good kind.

WendyB said...

I love skies like that in summer, for some reason.

Merry@Syracuse said...

Hi and thanks for your comments. We loved Portland. (Outstanding for me was the Japanese Garden.) I really like seeing your views.
I am especially happy for you and your contentment there. Happy New Year to you!

Marie-Noyale said...

My turn to wish you a very happy New Year.

Becky said...

What a great metaphor! Happy New Year!

Steve Scauzillo said...

Nice metaphor. I think I'll like Portland. I just booked my flight. I'm coming to the city in a few weeks.